Located in the carriage house, which is a stone’s throw from the main house, this space has been converted into four moderately priced, private guest rooms. Each room features a private bedroom, bathroom with tub/shower combination, and dressing area along with a mini refrigerator, K-cup coffee maker, mini bar, charging station, high speed WIFI, Roku Smart TV, iron and ironing board, individual thermostat control, toiletries, first priority for reservations to our onsite restaurant, and a complimentary Southern-style breakfast followed by an informative orientation video and self guided house tour. Each room also features high ceilings and a front porch seating area with a beautiful view of the historic main house. Pets are welcomed in all carriage house rooms.
The Carriage House rooms are named to honor the Wilson daughters, who survived the ravages of the War and went on to have prosperous lives. Born on August 2, 1855, Kate married state senator Murray F. Smith on April 13, 1874. They built their home on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River in 1876. Now called Belle of the Bends, the house was named after the Belle of the Bends steamboat, which was built in 1898. The mansion is located on Klein Street near Cedar Grove. Kate died on June 10, 1912.