Located in the carriage house, which is a stone’s throw from the main house, this space has been converted into four moderately-priced, private guest rooms. Each room features a bedroom, bathroom with tub/shower combination, and dressing area along with a mini refrigerator, K-cup coffee maker, mini bar, charging station, high speed WIFI, Roku Smart TV, iron and ironing board, individual thermostat control, toiletries, first priority for reservations to our onsite restaurant, and a complimentary Southern-style breakfast followed by an informative orientation video and self-guided house tour. Each room also features high ceilings and a front porch seating area with a beautiful view of the historic main house. Pets are welcomed in all carriage house rooms.
The carriage house rooms are named to honor the Wilson daughters, who survived the ravages of the War and went on to have prosperous lives. Born on September 8, 1850, Jennie married Colonel Charles C. Floweree, CSA, on January 3, 1867. She received the deed to the parcel of John Alexander Klein’s estate, Cedar Grove, on which her home “Floweree” was built. Her father brought Col. Floweree into the family ice business where he made a fortune after the War. Jennie died on December 15, 1925.