Located in the carriage house, which is a stone’s throw from the main house, this space has been converted into four moderately priced, private guest rooms. Each room features a private bedroom, bathroom with tub/shower combination, and dressing area along with a mini refrigerator, K-cup coffee maker, mini bar, charging station, high speed WIFI, Roku Smart TV, iron and ironing board, individual thermostat control, first priority for reservations to our onsite restaurant, and a complimentary Southern-style breakfast followed by an informative orientation video and self guided house tour. Each room also features high ceilings and a front porch seating area with a view of the historic main house. Pets are welcomed in all carriage house rooms.
The carriage house rooms are named to honor the Wilson daughters, who survived the ravages of the War and went on to have prosperous lives. Called Nellie by the family, Ellen was born on April 10, 1853, and married Captain Edward C. Carroll at Vicksburg’s Church of the Holy Trinity on April 18, 1875. They built the Carroll House at the corner of Klein and Pearl Streets, near her sisters on the John Klein estate. Steamboating was Capt. Carroll’s life – first, last and always. Additionally, he was elected an officer of the Nogales Club in 1891. Built in the 1880s the Carroll Hotel was named for Capt. E.C. Carroll. It was located across the street from the Nogales Club. The Carroll Hotel was razed in the 1960s to make space for a parking garage. Ellen died on January 2, 1929.